The Finger Lakes Prevention Resource Center (FL PRC), of the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence-Rochester Area, began services on October 1, 2009.
The goals of the FL PRC are to:
- Foster growth and sustainability of existing coalitions through the implementation of the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF)
- Support the development of new community coalitions
- Move coalitions toward Environmental, Population-Based Strategies
- Provide training to Prevention Providers in Evidence-Based Programs and Practices
- Build collaboration between coalitions and communities
throughout the 12-county Finger Lakes Region
FL PRC Educational Opportunities
- Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training (SAPST) (PDF)
- Performing a Needs Assessment (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Environmental Strategies (P.I.R.E.) (PowerPoint Presentation)
“The Finger Lakes Prevention Resource Center is invaluable to the success of the Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition of Ontario County. Barb, Jerry & Earl along with the National Guard have guided the coalition to create a positive community impact related to substance misuse & abuse in our area. With their support, we have worked through the strategic prevention framework and engaged all sectors of the community!”
Coalitions in the News
Healthy Campus and Community Coalition: ‘Cards for Cards’ aims to get fake IDs off the streets
For more information on NCADD-RA’s Finger Lakes Prevention Resource Center, please contact Irene Lawrence, FL PRC Project Coordinator at (585) 719-3482 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.