Underage Gambling has a solution…YOU!
This program provides education and support for family members affected by the problem gambling of a loved one. Staff provide educational outreach awareness presentations to requesting school and community groups about the inherent risks of problem gambling.
2020 YOU(th) Decide Problem Gambling Awareness/Media Literacy Outreach Project
NCADD-RA is partnering with the New York Council on Problem Gambling on the 2020 YOU(th) Decide Outreach Project. Our primary audience is youth ages 12-17.
YOU(th) Decide Vision – project designed to be a multi-dimensional prevention effort, which is aimed at reducing underage gambling in NYS.
YOU(th) Decide Mission – project aims to empower youth to make educated decisions regarding their gambling behaviors, and prepare communities to work together to prevent underage gambling.
YOU(th) Decide goals include:
- Increase awareness of the issues of underage problem gambling: facts, truths, and myths
- Inspire parents to take action to reduce youth gambling and access to gambling
- Increase community leader interest to support underage problem gambling prevention efforts
Youth: be informed, so you can decide! Then, have the conversation!
Capacity BuildingClick to view
FAQsClick to view
Parent PledgeClick to view
BrochureClick to view
Media LiteracyClick to view
Parent/Adult Community Presentations
Presentations are available upon request to parent and community groups to increase awareness to the potential risks of problem gambling with special emphasis on the risks associated with underage problem gambling by contacting Jennifer Faringer, NCADD-RA Director, at (585) 719-3480 or email@example.com.
Parent Tool Kits
NYS OASAS/NYSED Problem Gambling Tool Kit for School Districts and ParentsView the website
Recognize the Signs of Problem GamblingClick to view
Problem Gambling and Your Kids Talking PointsClick to view
Problem Gambling Family Activity SheetClick to view
OASAS Parent Talk BrochureClick to view
NYCPG’s Go Away Monster BrochureView the brochure
Go Away Monster: A Problem Gambling Story
A video designed to help you talk to your children about problem gambling.
Get the facts
Recognizing the signs of problem gambling is the first step toward helping someone you care about or getting help yourself.
- March Madness: It’s Time To Have The Conversation (Infographic)
- New York Council on Problem Gambling: Gambling in America: Did You Know? (Infographic)
- Recognize the Signs of Underage Gambling (Infographic)
- Youth and Problem Gambling in New York State (Infographic)
- New York Council on Problem Gambling: Youth Gambling (Infographic)
Gambling Counseling and Treatment Resources
- Problem Gambling Services Directory (PDF)
- Gamblers Anonymous Meetings in NYS (PDF)
- Finger Lakes Problem Gambling Resource Center
- Mind Evolution Counseling for Problem Gambling (Website) (Brochure– PDF)
- NYS OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) that will provide inpatient problem gambling treatment include:
- Creedmoor Addiction Treatment Center, Queens Village
- Kingsboro Addiction Treatment Center, Brooklyn
- Richard C. Ward Addiction Treatment Center, Middletown
- John L. Norris Addiction Treatment Center, Rochester
- St. Lawrence Addiction Treatment Center, Ogdensburg
- Margaret A. Stutzman Addiction Treatment Center, Buffalo
For more information on problem gambling, please contact Jennifer Faringer, NCADD-RA Director, at (585) 719-3480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.