Underage Gambling has a solution…YOU!
This program provides education and support for family members affected by the problem gambling of a loved one. Staff provide educational outreach awareness presentations to requesting school and community groups about the inherent risks of problem gambling.
Parent/Adult Community Presentations
Presentations are available upon request to parent and community groups to increase awareness to the potential risks of problem gambling with special emphasis on the risks associated with underage problem gambling by contacting Jennifer Faringer, NCADD-RA Director, at (585) 719-3480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Tool Kits
NYS OASAS/NYSED Problem Gambling Tool Kit for School Districts and ParentsView the website
Recognize the Signs of Problem GamblingClick to view
Problem Gambling and Your Kids Talking PointsClick to view
Problem Gambling Family Activity SheetClick to view
OASAS Parent Talk BrochureClick to view
Get the facts
Recognizing the signs of problem gambling is the first step toward helping someone you care about or getting help yourself.
- March Madness: It’s Time To Have The Conversation (Infographic)
- New York Council on Problem Gambling: Gambling in America: Did You Know? (Infographic)
- Recognize the Signs of Underage Gambling (Infographic)
- Youth and Problem Gambling in New York State (Infographic)
- New York Council on Problem Gambling: Youth Gambling (Infographic)
Problem Gambling Resources: Prevention, Treatment and Counseling Services
- Problem Gambling Services Directory (PDF)
- Gamblers Anonymous Meetings in NYS (PDF)
- Finger Lakes Problem Gambling Resource Center
- Finger Lakes Problem Gambling Center Resource Center’s Lie-Bet Test
- Mind Evolution Counseling for Problem Gambling (Brochure– PDF)
- NYS OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) that will provide inpatient problem gambling treatment include:
- Creedmoor Addiction Treatment Center, Queens Village
- Kingsboro Addiction Treatment Center, Brooklyn
- Richard C. Ward Addiction Treatment Center, Middletown
- John L. Norris Addiction Treatment Center, Rochester
- St. Lawrence Addiction Treatment Center, Ogdensburg
- Margaret A. Stutzman Addiction Treatment Center, Buffalo
For more information on problem gambling, please contact Jennifer Faringer, NCADD-RA Director, at (585) 719-3480 or email@example.com.